JOIN us for the HOPE MURAL Ribbon Cutting on May 27, 2023. We are gathering to celebrate the result of our HOPE Mural Design Contest.
LIFT Youth Center Inc, working as coordinator of Strength for Catoosa, ran a mural contest for Catoosa County middle and high school students. This public mural is located on the side of Jessie Thornton’s United Karate Studio in Ringgold, GA. Ringgold, Georgia. The subject of HOPE, is depicted artistically in a manner that conveys a positive message and add visual interest to the downtown area.
The HOPE mural complements and supports the Strength for Catoosa movement, which seeks to change the way people engage with issues of mental health, wellness, and connection in their own lives, and to enact that change on a cultural and community level.
HOPE Mural Coloring contest!
All Coloring Sheets are due Friday, May 12, 2023. You may turn in your sheet to your schools front office or you may drop it off at…
LIFT Youth Center
7197 Nashville Street
Ringgold, GA 30736
HOPE Mural Design winner!
HOPE Mural Design contest top 10
CONGRATULATIONS to our top 10 designs as voted on by our community!! They will get to help paint the HOPE mural with The Artist SEVEN! Thank you to everyone who submitted a design. We loved getting to see your artistic interpretations of HOPE! Stay Creative!
These five designs shown in no particular order were chosen from the top 10 by the Submission Approval Team as the TOP 5!
These five designs shown in no particular order made it to the top 10!
Student Mural Design Contest Info
The word “HOPE” is shown to demonstrate the scale at which the word should be designed. It does not need to be in the font pictured, all submissions are allowed to use a font of their choice.
All submissions must follow these guidelines to be considered:
- “HOPE” will be the theme of the design – it is required that the word itself be the primary design element.
- Artistic expression within the design must be positive and uplifting.
- Any design elements deemed controversial or inappropriate by the Submission Approval Team will disqualify the submission.
- Submissions can be made by Middle or High School Students who live in Catoosa County.
- Submissions can be in the form of any 2D medium.
- Submissions may be turned in by emailing them to email@example.com or by dropping them off at LIFT Youth Center Inc, 7197 Nashville St. Ringgold, GA.
- All design submissions must be approved by the Submission Approval Team. 20 designs will be chosen to move forward in the contest.
- Top 20 will be voted on by the public. Individuals may only vote one time.
- Top 10 artists will get to later help paint the mural under the direction of our contracted mural artist.
- Top 5 designs will be selected by the Submission Approval Team, and then will be presented to the Ringgold City Council in order that they may choose the Contest Winner.
- The Contest Winner will work with our contracted mural artist to finalize the design.
Deadline passed: public voting open soon
The Artist SEVEN is a muralist, illustrator and designer native to Chattanooga Tennessee. He is mostly identified by the bold and colorful large-scale murals he paints in various cities throughout the southeastern United States. Also the creator and curator of the BURNIN’ BRIDGES street art project, SEVEN seeks to evolve, elevate, expand and educate on the art form and culture of street art muralism. His goal is to continue to contribute artistically while helping to develop a cultural awareness and an appreciation for street art as a relevant and empowering art form in today’s society.
All images above are murals by the Artist SEVEN.
This mural is supported in part by Georgia Council for the Arts through the appropriations of the Georgia General Assembly. Georgia Council for the Arts also receives support from its partner agency – the National Endowment for the Arts.
LIFT Youth Center Inc, works as the coordinator of Strength for Catoosa and the Mural Contest.